Saturday, May 14, 2011

Heal Physically,Emotionally, Spiritually through Bodywork


We all carry many wounds.  Some of these wounds are quite deep and may be from years and years ago or even from a past life.  A key element in healing these wounds is to listen to your body.  All of our aches, pains, illnesses, and diseases are a direct result of emotional and/or spiritual wounds.  They are the signs, the symptons, the results of these deep wounds. 

There are a variety of questions you can ask yourself to help you uncover what truly needs to be healed. 

Here is a sampling of such questions:

  1. Where in my body do I feel tension?
  2. Where in my body do I feel restrictions in my movements?
  3. Where do I feel pain in my body?
  4. Are there places that I feel nothing?  Are these areas numb almost?
  5. Do I feel equality on both sides of my body?  Do both of my arms work with equal strength?  Do I hear equally with each ear?
These are great questions for you to ask yourself and write down whatever comes to you.  You can share these with a bodyworker such as a massage therapist, a reflexologist, a Reiki practitioner, an Ayurvedic practitioner, a chiropracter, etc.  You can also share this with a transpersonal psychologist or metaphysical counselor. 

Knowing what areas of your body are giving you messages and what those messages are will be key to healing -- healing that we all need.

Photo by Jenny Solomon 

No comments:

Post a Comment