Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A little dog's yapping

Sitting at my desk I hear the thunder rumble in the distance, I hear my neighbor's loud pick-up truck start up, I hear my other neighbor's little dachshund tear off through the yard yapping away.  Then I wonder why do the little dogs bark and bark and bark? 

For most of my life I had a little dog in the house (had to give my last little dog to my parents because he didn't adjust to my youngest son when he was born - my son comes first) and they always seemed to yap, yap, yap.  In fact, I think my little dog that I have pictured above, Jackie, used to bark when a blade of grass moved :) 

Maybe they bark because they are insecure as many experts suggest.  Maybe they bark because they want to protect their territory and owners.  Maybe, just maybe they bark because they have a lot to say.

Should we, as humans, just shoosh and keep quiet because others want us to or should we be willing to take the risk and speak our opinions, share our knowledge, tell our story?  I think it is the latter.  We shouldn't go spouting off with incorrect information or ignorant blibber blabber, but we should share with others what we know to be true and we should be open to their views. 

If we don't share what we learn with others, we are doing a great disservice to the world.  That is one of my views anyway.  Have a beautiful happy day....and happily bark out what you know and remember to listen...

Photo by Janelle Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment