Saturday, May 7, 2011

Help! I Can't See!


Today I hopped in our old Jeep so I could haul our sons' band equipment to where they were having band practice.  They had load the PA system, amps, cords, the mics, etc. this morning.  As school was almost out I packed up guitars and a bass then loaded my four-year-old in the back seat too. 

About a mile down the road it started raining and then I remembered that our windshield wipers severely need to be replaced.  We didn't drive the Jeep almost all winter due to gas prices and the wiper blades have basically fallen apart.  So, every once in a while I would try to use them to brush off some of the rain.  Sometimes it just did more harm than good.  But, I did get a good laugh from the hilarity of the situation.

What we need to remember is to take care of our possessions as much as ourselves.  The poor Jeep sat ignored all winter.  I had to air up all four tires a couple of weeks ago when I drove it for the first time (hauling band equipment of course), and we clearly need to buy new wiper blades for it.  Poor thing....with no attention and no love it just sat there deteriorating. 

Show your "stuff" attention and love too and it will work hard for you.  Ignore it and it will become old and decrepit.

Photo from Creative Commons by cjc4544

No comments:

Post a Comment