Monday, January 24, 2011

Old Friends

Last year, 2010, was a strange year for me as my and my husband’s life changed in a lot of ways.  Not only did some things fall away from my husband and I, but some people that we had been close with our entire lives fell away from us too.  Before, these things would have cut much more deeply, but he and I have experienced even deeper spiritual growth over the past year.  When I think of those things and people I remember them kindly sending them light and loving energy – then I let the memory be just that - a memory.  All of our past experiences have been there to teach us something.  Sometimes we have to keep experiencing something over and over until we finally get the lesson.  Once that happens we are able to move forward, which means those teachers will be left in the past.  Those teachers may not understand why they are being left in the past so please have compassion, but don’t be afraid to move forward either.  It is a matter of releasing those things or people in our lives that weight us down and opening to those things and people who lift us up and soar with us.    
As I said it was a strange year.  Not only did some people fall away, but over a period of six months I reconnected with some of the closest friends I have ever had in my life.  I had lost contact with them and did not even know where they were located as they are spread across the United States.  The love I have for these dear friends runs very deep.  It is so beautiful to be able to find those people who are truly special to us.    
Is there someone missing in your life?  Have you lost contact with him/her?  Maybe today is the day that you start looking. 
Photo by Lachlan Hardy

No comments:

Post a Comment