Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Childhood Playground


A couple of days ago I talked about going back to a special time in our lives -- a time that was important to us and that made us feel good. 

Well, last week my husband and I took our youngest son to my old elementary school.  I had not been there in eons.  I was amazed at how small the school seemed now!  It was funny to realize that some of the playground equipment was still the same -- just repainted and moved to a different part of the playground.  Of course, back in the old days things were built to last :) 

Interestingly enough some of the memories that came up for me while I was there were not pleasant ones.  I never really liked school -- always earned good grades, but far too many of the kids I went to school with were not very nice.  I walked around the school and passed the gym.  It was almost an eerie feeling. 

Ah, this is one of those places from my past I would prefer not to revisit very often :)  Remember, it is okay to have those kinds of memories.  And, it is also important to understand that sometimes we need to revisit them to deal with our wounds...it may be the only way to heal them....but not always.

No comments:

Post a Comment