Sunday, June 19, 2011

Strange Dates We Never Forget

Wow!! 
21 years ago today

I officially opened my dance studio, which I owned for 15 years.  I am always amazed that I never miss the anniversary of that opening.  That date simply jumps off the calendar each and every year.  What is even more amazing is that I sold the studio 6 years ago and the date still holds special meaning for me.

Is there a date that holds special meaning for you?  Your first kiss?  Your first date with your partner?  Or something like the one I have mentioned above?  I can actually take myself back to that time...feel what I was feeling then.  If you believe the concept that there is no such thing as time and space outside of our human understanding, then you may be able to grasp that one can time-travel (mmm..a paradox by using those words - I know). 

The point is what has held special meaning for you?  Can you "go back" and feel it again?  If it warms your heart and makes you smile, it can be a great experience occasionally.   

*This is not a photo from my studio.  Photo by Trisextil





No comments:

Post a Comment